Got your head in the clouds, or a cloud in your head, thinking about what to do for your next Arduino project?
Come learn how to make a glowing, color-pulsing LED cloud lamp!
Some prior Arduino (or other) programming experience would be helpful, but is not required to take this class. You'll go home with your very own glowing cloud to hang on the wall!
The workshop takes about 3 hours.
- $60 for non-members of Freeside
- $30 for members of Freeside (please pay full amount and we will refund you the difference.)
Price includes: An Arduino Uno clone, an LED strip, and materials needed to build your cloud. You will get to take these home with you!
**IMPORTANT AND REQUIRED:
- A laptop computer with WiFi
- An installed copy of the Arduino IDE (it's free) - here's where to get it: https://tinyurl.com/d...
- An installed driver for the CH340 serial chip - here is a discussion about how to do this: https://tinyurl.com/c...
PLEASE have the IDE and the driver installed BEFORE the Meetup.
If you want, you can come to the separate INSTALL PARTY an hour before this Meetup ($30).
On the other hand, if you come to the Meetup with the IDE and driver installed, YOU will get a CANDY BAR!
Building on the basics of using an Arduino, this class will move forward, and
- how to use libraries of code, benefitting from the work of others
- how to work with the LED strips that will illuminate your cloud
- how addressable RGB LED's work, and how the library we will use controls them
- circuit design to allow an Arduino to control something it is not actually powering.
Atlanta, GA 30310 - USA
Wednesday, February 20 at 7:00 PM
Price: 60.00 USD