From today's e-mail bag, an announce meetup of a new ODSC Atlanta group:
The focus of this meetup group is to present informative lectures, hands-on tutorials, and networking events to help grow the use of open source languages and tools within the data science and data-centric community. As such our specific goals are:
- Host data science talks specific to our goals
- Promote the use of open source languages and tools amongst data scientists and others.
- Host educational workshops
- Spread awareness of new open source languages and tools that can be used in data science
- Contribute back to the open source community
Who is this meetup for?
- Data engineers, analysts, scientists, and other practitioners
- R, Python and other software engineers who work with data
- Data visualization developers and designers
- Non-technical team leaders, executives and other decision makes from data centric startup and companies looking to utilize open source
How can you get involved?
- Attending events, network and precipitate!
- Give a talk or workshop that meets our goals
- Volunteer to help the group (social media, website, blogging)
- Provide us with a venue
- Sponsor food and beer.